Computer Literacy Curriculum
Due to COVID-19, our Computer Literacy course is delayed until further notice, however the applications remain open so please do apply here!
Our curriculum is all ready to go and our new Computer Literacy trainer Khaldoun, is raring to go. Below, he shares a top-level weekly breakdown of the curriculum, although he does mention 'side note: the structure of weeks might be modified as we go'.
Week 1 - Introduction to Computer basics, including:
- What makes a computer?
- The different types of hardware
- Operating systems
Week 2 - Introduction to the internet, including:
- What is the internet?
- What are the best ways to traverse the internet in the most secure manner?
Weeks 3-5 - Introduction to Microsoft office products, including:
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access etc
- How to create business level presentations
- How to create spreadsheets and CSV files and perform operations in Excel
- How to create databases and manipulate them in Microsoft Access
Week 6 - Introduction to email:
- How to write a business email
Week 7-8 - Introduction to building a website:
- What is HTML?
- What is CSS?
- What is a CMS? An introduction to Content Management Systems.
- Introduction to WordPress, how it works and how to manage a website through it
If you have any further questions about the curriculum please contact us on +96178940942.