Computer Literacy Curriculum
The applications for our 2-month Computer Literacy programme are now open, please apply here!
Our curriculum is all ready to go and our Computer Literacy trainer Khaldoun, is raring to go. Below, he shares a top-level weekly breakdown of the curriculum, although he does mention 'side note: the structure of weeks might be modified as we go'.
Week 1 - Introduction to Computer basics, including:
- What makes a computer?
- The different types of hardware
- Operating systems
Week 2 - Introduction to the internet, including:
- What is the internet?
- What are the best ways to traverse the internet in the most secure manner?
Weeks 3-5 - Introduction to Microsoft office products, including:
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access etc
- How to create business level presentations
- How to create spreadsheets and CSV files and perform operations in Excel
- How to create databases and manipulate them in Microsoft Access
Week 6 - Introduction to email:
- How to write a business email
Week 7-8 - Introduction to building a website:
- What is HTML?
- What is CSS?
- What is a CMS? An introduction to Content Management Systems.
- Introduction to WordPress, how it works and how to manage a website through it
If you have any further questions about the curriculum please contact us on +96178940942.